ES-600 Bi-Radial Wood Horn No.1978
This horn is made to order. Please contact me prior to ordering to confirm build lead time.
Horn No.1978 represents a sweet spot in terms of size, providing extension down to 600Hz and yet still maintaining acceptably wide horizontal off-axis coverage in the upper treble. This allows the horn to be used successfully in 2-way application with low frequency drivers ranging from 8" to 15". The picture shown above is with a 10" driver. The horn measures 416mm wide (16.40") which fits nicely with bass cabinets as small as 400mm wide. This latest version of the ES-600 Biradial has the following changes compared to when I originally introduced the horn four years ago.
- Includes removable throat adapter for either 1" or 1.4" throat drivers
- Special 3D printed adapter is printed as a solid (no hollow fill)
- Remains dense and inert compared to regular 3D printing
- Holds drivers weighing up to 20lbs.
- Viablue UFO rubber isolation feet x3 (pocketed into bottom of horn)
- Brushed copper circular decal logo
- Throat bump to eliminate small resonance near the cutoff frequency (600Hz)
- New tappered appearance
- Built-in rear extension for super tweeter (top and bottom)
- The original design 3D CAD file can be found here.
- The latest 3D CAD file can be found here. (slightly older version 1965, will be updated to 1978 soon!)
Continuing from previous revision the also features:
- Price is for one pair of horns
- ES (Exponential Spiral) flare geometry
- Wrap-around horn mouth
- Precision CNC cut
- Solid kiln dried walnut construction
- Sanded and finish stained with Rubio Monocoat
- Crossover Design service available (Please contact)
Click on the images below to enlarge:
- Frequency Response 600Hz - 20kHz
- 416mm Wide x 203mm High x 198mm Deep
- 1" or 1.4" throat depending on configuration
The frequency response shown above is with the RCF ND-940 compression driver without the optional wood rear cover.
Horizontal Off-Axis Colored Polar Map
Below is an example list of suitable drivers. Any driver with a 1.40" throat and 101mm bolt spacing will physically fit.
- RCF ND650, ND850, ND950
- Radian 745DPB, 745PB, or 745Neo
- TAD TD-4003
- B£C DE780TN
Suitable drivers 1.0" throat (76mm bolt spacing)
- TAD TD-2001
- Older Pioneer and Altec drivers
- Coral M100
- B&C DE250
- RCF ND350