Onken Style Bass Cabinet No.1830 for Altec 604-8G 16" Coaxial Woofer
Featuring PDF download plan instructions for bass cabinet No.1830. This cabinet is specifically designed for the vintage Altec 604-8G 16" coaxial woofer. Please contact me for custom designs using other drivers (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- PDF assembly and detail drawings
- DXF of assembly and detail drawings
- Nested layout on three sheets of plywood for one pair of cabinets
- Metric and Imperial dimensions
- Speaker Stand Drawings
The plans come in two different configurations, front mount or rear mount for the driver. The rear mount options requires that the driver be mounted from inside the cabinet by removing the rear cover. The front mount option allows the driver to be mounted from the outside of the cabinet and the rear cover is permanently glued and not removable. Each configuration has it's own separate drawing package clearly labeled to avoid confusing the two during construction. Rear mounting the driver provides a more clean appearance, otherwise the performance is identical.
The zipped folder includes the files below...
Front Mount or Rear Mount options included in drawings
- 170 Liter internal volume
- Onken style slot ports for clean articulate bass
- 40 Hz tuning frequency (47Hz F3)
- 97dB Sensitivity
- 600mm wide x 808mm tall x 580mm deep
- 24mm thick birch plywood
- Can be constructed using manual wood working methods (table saw etc.)
- One pair of cabinets fits on three sheets total of 4' x 8' plywood
- Basic construction requiring regular woodworking skills
- Has optional hold-down screw holes for use on CNC machine (optional)
Click on the image below to enlarge.