Speaker System No.1900
Speaker system No.1900 is an ultra compact desktop speaker plan set. The plans include all details and information to build a complete speaker. By purchasing the plans you will automatically receive the required assembly and detail drawings to construct the speaker. Also included is the 3D CAD file to 3D print the ES circular horn as well as the passive crossover schematic.
Required to build (included):
- 3D print ES circular horn using the provided .stl file. or CNC machine
- Construct cabinet using provided assembly and detail drawings.
- Construct passive crossover (requires soldering) using provided schematic
- 15cm (6") ES circular horn using Peerless OC25SC65-04 dome tweeter (Approximate tweeter cost $22 USD each)
- Markaudo Alpair 5.3 Driver (Approximate cost $32 USD each)
- 2.2L bass reflex enclosure (rear port)
- 12mm thick plywood cabinet construction
- Rear port
- Passive crossover 1.1kHz crossover point using 3rd order slopes
The plans include two versions, one is for 3D Printing, the other is for CNC machining. The variation includes changes to the rear of the horn with the CNC version being more simplistic.
3D printing folder shown below...
The 3D printed version uses hex bolts to secure the horn.
CNC folder shown below...
The CNC version uses M3 tapped holes to secure the horn.
CNC horn 3D CAD model shown below.
- Bass cabinet dimensions: 115mm wide x 180mm tall x 180mm deep
- Horn Size: 150mm diameter x 50mm deep
The cabinet is constructed from 12mm thick plywood. Below is an example of just one detail drawing as an example of what is provided.
The plans include the crossover schematic as well as the suggested part numbers for each component. We've selected components that are relatively affordable but do not compromise sound quality.
Speaker System No.1900 has been developed using extensive listening and testing. Below is the objective test data highlighting it's excellent performance in terms of sound quality.