ES-250 Biradial No.2213 --- 3D CAD files Plans
By purchasing these plans you will automatically receive via email the required 3D CAD files and PDF assembly drawings.
Special Note (Sept 19, 2023): I've added a full height version to the included CAD files. So there are now two version included with the files, an x8 layer version and a x10 layer version. The x10 layer version is 90mm taller and includes the full wrap around geometry on the top and bottom lips.
Here is a render of the full hieght version...
Horn No.2213 is a large format 250Hz ES-Biradial. Due to its size, construction is comprised of multiple layers of 45mm thick hardwood. The layers are individually machined on the CNC and then glued and stacked. The horn is comprised of eight layers (4 unique layers). Two M6 threaded rods run through the entire assembly which is used to squeeze the layers together during glue-up. The through hole is drilled out at 1/4" (6.35mm) which provides some clearance for fine adjustment of each layer during glue-up.
The horn uses a standard 2" throat (50.8mm) for use of standard large format compression drivers using 102mm bolt spacing.
The horn uses the full wrap-around horn flare geometry in the horizontal axis. The vertical axis has a partial wrap-around to vertical but does not wrap around like our other biradial. This saves height since the horn is getting quite tall as it is (360mm total height). The shorter height also allows closer driver spacing with a super tweeter mounted on top.
The horn has rear extensions to allow for physical time alignment of the mid and high frequency.
- Plans Cost $200 CAD (aprox $150 USD, 135 euro)
- Measures 800mm wide x 360mm tall x 549mm deep (31.5" x 14.17" x 21.61")
- 2.00" Throat (50.8mm) diameter
- 250Hz low frequency cutoff (Fc)
- 102mm hole spacing for M6 bolts (standard mounting for nearly all 2" modern compression drivers)
- Custom design service available (please contact)
- 3D CAD Files (.iges, .stl, .step, .x_t parasolid formats)
- Assembly and detail drawings (.PDF format)
- Glue-up instructions for each layer (see below)
- AutoCAD file for foam cutout on rear of horn (can be waterjet cut to shape) (optional)
For personal use only. Please contact for licensing if wanting to integrate into a finished design for reproduction/commercial purposes.