3D CAD files --- Horn No.1994 -- ES450 Biradial for JBL 2446 2" Throat
The horn achieves a 450Hz cutoff frequency (Fc). We recommend a crossover point in the 600Hz-800Hz region so that a standard 2nd order crossover slope can be achieved to match slopes with the low frequency driver's low pass function.
- 3D CAD files of upper and lower halves of horn (.iges and .STL format)
- Designed for ease of CNC machine with draft angles for CNC cutter clearance
- 48.50mm throat diameter (physically measured with 2446H drivers we have here)
- Designed to minimize even and odd order acoustical reflections which smear time domain performance
- Even off-axis coverage
- Good coverage in upper treble allow for 2-way applications
- Accommodates 1/4" diameter bolts x2 spaced 4.00" apart
- Requires x2 1/4-20 UNC hex bolts x 1.00" long to mount driver
Below are the files included in the zipped folder which is emailed after ordering.
The below assembly drawing is shown as an example system comprised of the 1994 horn along with the 1963 cabinet which is a 210L cabinet using the Altec 411 woofer. This configuration represents a reasonable setup where the off-axis coverage is perfectly matched at the crossover point. This creates an even power response into the room.
ES Biradial technology has virtually zero acoustical resonances which makes it devoid of any horn coloration. This unlocks the true sound quality potential of your compression driver, providing audiophile sound quality that is free from honkiness, shout, and harshness.
Please see our guide on finding a CNC shop for local manufacture.