Horn Construction for Mr. Alva
March 30, 2020 REV 02
Cherry was Walnut, price reduced from $17,000 CAD to $15,000 CAD
Construct dipole horn for ER IV ESL Panels x3 (Stacked vertically)
- Funds in CAD Currency
- Horn made from kiln dried walnut hardwood
- Baltic birch plywood for horn support frame
- Horn segments stacked vertically and bolted together
- Designed for vertical stack x3 ESL IV panels
- Wood Frame for holding ESL Panels
- Wood Base Plinth
- Transformer Box
Each Petal Section
- 24 sections per horn (96 sections total)
- Each section 2” thick with backside pilot holes for wood screw assembly.
- Consists of vertical straight sections, corner pieces (left/right), top/bottom straight pieces.
- Curved surface is machined using ball nose cutter for smooth accurate finish.
- Ball nose cutter finished to 0.005" scallop height. Requires sanding for perfectly smooth finish. (palm sander using 220 grit working up to 600 grit)
- Grill Fabric
- Sanding or staining
- Bug Screen
- Terminal plates