1323 Dome Tweeter Waveguide --- 3D CAD File
- Funds in CAD currency
- 3D CAD Files (STL, iges, step)
- PDF drawings (Cabinet Cutout, Assembly)
The performance data published below was taken from the 1198 speaker which includes the full ES-curvature around the baffle edges. Otherwise the 1323 waveguide is identical.
Since the 1323 waveguide is baffle mounted, it is strongly suggested that large baffle round-over features be implemented to retain similar performance as published below. The 1198 speaker uses the same SB Acoustics TW29BN-8 tweeter.
Raw frequency response shown below (no crossover):
Below is the suggested crossover schematic as a starting point. A flat response is achieved with a single 4.7uF capacitor. A Lpad circuit can be used to attenuate to the correct level.
The simple crossover achieves the frequency response shown below.
Distortion is kept to a minimum due to the aid of the waveguide, despite the low 1.5kHz crossover point. Shown below is the 1198 harmonic distortion at 95dB SPL at 1 meter distance.
The frequency response below is the 1198 frequency response after crossover development with the Purifi PTT6.5 woofer.
The off-axis polar map of the 1198 stand mount speaker (for reference only):
Burst Decay of 1198 stand mount speaker (for reference only):
Technical Drawing Click Here.
- Allows precision CNC machining from solid hardwood (ie. walnut)
- Suggest Watco Danish Oil (See Example Video HERE)
- ES curvature for optimum sound quality (minus wrap-around at horn mouth)
- Clearance for tweeter surround (assumes use of SB Acoustics TW29BN-B)
- Locating pins for tweeter (keeps tweeter centered)
- 2kHz Low Frequency Cutoff (Fc)
- Allows for 1.5kHz crossover Point by reducing distortion at crossover region
- 180mm W x 115mm H x 40mm" D
- Waveguides (Part 1323-01-001) with tweeter locating dowels.
- Clamp Bracket (Part 1323-01-002)
Tweeter Mounting Hardware
- Screws for clamp bracket (#8 Robertson Wood Screws 1.75" long)
- G-Code text files
- CAM Programming (Can be quoted separately. please contact Joseph_crowe@josephcrowe.com)